Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Lasik ;)

I want to see things clearly without spectacle or contact lens. Hahahaha... =)

I don't want to wear spectacle anymore. It makes me look nerd and I can't enjoy my sports. Neither do I like wearing contact lens. I have to buy the contact lens and the solution every month. I have to clean the contact lens after I use them. I have to take care of my eyes to prevent infection. And everytime I wear it, it get so dry, especially when I wear it for long hours.

A few years ago, three of my aunties and cousin asked me to join them to undergo the lasik procedure. I didn't join them because I was very concern of the consequences after the surgery. Will I go blind? Will my eyes have side effects after the surgery?

Last year, one of my ex-colleague asked me to join her for the lasik surgery too. Again, I didn't dare to do it.

A few months ago, my colleague made an appointment with the opthalmologist and asked me to join her too. She told me she was going for the pre-lasik consultation. The doctor will assess whether her eyes are suitable for the surgery. If she is a suitable candidate, she can then undergo the lasik procedure. After the surgery, the doctor will conduct the post-lasik consultation. Everything sounds so safe.

There are so many people undergoing the lasik surgery nowadays and it seems like nothing happens to them. I have been checking online on the lasik surgery clinics and asking relatives and friends who had underwent the lasik procedure. I found out that the lasik technology is very advance now and it is not as scary as I think.

Hence, I have decided to take the plunge. Now, I'm deciding which clinic I should go. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment